I started 'Blue Flight' in the summer of 2019, a follow up of 'Calming the Sea' (note 11).
Here you see my signature i put in the right corner of my painting. I set my initials in a cross, like a sort of memorial. Each painting is a mark of times.
You can see the whole work at: https://www.marijkepielage.nl/nettuno.php
Arnhem, October 5, 2019
When I started this new work, I listened to the very powerful music of David Bowies last live album: A Reality Tour (2010).
Especially the songs from the album “Heathen”, that reminded me of my personal dramatic & turbulent year of 2002, really inspired me again:
Sailing over Coney Island
Twinkle twinkle Uncle Floyd
We were dumb but you were fun, boy
How I wonder where you are
LetsSingIt - The Internet Lyrics Database
I finished this painting on June the 17th. It didn't take much time to
work on it. The paint did it's work automatically. It made the story
inside of me come out: easy and painless. Fast and fearless.
Afterwards I felt great: relieved, powerfull and very very strong.
You can see the whole painting plus a poetic text that comes with it, at 'the house perfetto'
June 17th, 2019
Closer to Myra and the Goose
The past few weeks I have been working on this very laborious Panel, rich in color and shape.
It is a free translation of a very small black and white picture from one of the family albums of my late father
I dont' know who Myra is, but I can tell that she enjoys being in the park just as I do.
It's an ode to all the unknown...
Myra - for the unknown
oil on paper, 70x120cm
Yesterday, on April 16the 2019, I finished this painting.
It's a selfportrait: me and my (first) cat in the summer of....? Somewhere in the seventies. In the backgarden of our home, unaware of all the things to come....
I'am really happy with this one.
The Great Recovery of a Young Girl
oil on paper, 70x120cm
- art is how to see, how to observe, how to remember/ art is to work hard in silence -
- sunday,march 3th 2019: visiting the siebolthouse in leiden, last day expo kacho-ga.
...all these beautiful japanese prints and drawings and poetry -
it really touched me...
- i like to be with people, in my own way, on my own terms -
- today i was in town. i went from one place to another. there were many people who also went from one place to another -
- cold and grey outside - i make the colors inside - today its ultramarine -
- the daily walk at the river - where I meet the birds, the little horses, other persons with theirs dogs - we smile at eachother - we all are in the grey wide open with the sky above us -